Caroline is a highly accomplished senior actuary with over 34 years’ experience in a wide variety of general insurance roles at both UK and European level, serving as the Head of Actuarial Function for a major International Insurance Company. Caroline’s professional career has given her a deep understanding of the insurance business and the associated risks.
Laya Healthcare will have a price increase on four plans: 360 Care, 360 Care Select, Simply Health Choice and Essential Connect Health.
The 360 Care will increase to €2088.18 per adult and to €543.02 per child.
The 360 Care Select will increase to €1867.00 per adult and to €480.86 per child.
The Simply Health Choice will increase to €1183.75 per adult and to €282.90 per child.
1. There will be a number of benefit additions to Prime from 1st August 2019:
a. Gender Reassignment Surgery Abroad will be covered up to €30,000
b. Fertility Preservation will be covered up to €1,500 per lifetime for egg freezing or €200 per lifetime for Sperm freezing
c. HRT for Gender Dysphoria will be covered up to €500 per lifetime
d. Foetal Screening will be covered up to €150 per year
2. The rule changes which applied to all products included in the July notification, will apply to Prime from 1st August 2019.
VHI have issued notifications of the following changes effective 1st August 2019.
2 x Non Advanced Plans
• PublicPlus Care
• PublicPlus Care Day-to-Day
2 x Advanced Plans
• PMI 48 10
• First & Family Plan
• Start Plan
• One Plan Starter
• One Plan Starter D2D
• First Plan Level 1
• Family Plan Level 1
Rate changes will apply to a majority of plans effective 1st August 2019.
Laura Brien has over 25 years experience in the area of regulation across a number of industries. Laura was previously a Director at the Commission for the Regulation of Utilities (CRU), where she held various roles involving economic regulation, including Water, Compliance and Energy Markets. She was a member of the Bureau of the OECD Network of Economic Regulators. Prior to joining the CRU, she was senior economic advisor to ComReg, the Irish telecommunications regulator, from 2012 to 2014.
Laya have given the following notification for 1st July 2019.
1. There will be price adjustments on a number of schemes from 1st July, details are attached in the pricing template.
2. Laya Healthcare will launch 4 new products from 1st July called ‘Signify’, ‘Signify Plus’, ‘Inspire’ and ‘Inspire Plus’. Full scheme details are included in the attached product summaries and prices included in the pricing template.
3. The following 37 schemes will be removed from the market and no longer available to purchase from 1st July 2019.
Advantage 125 Choice