Vhi Healthcare will end their half price kids and students offer on the One Plan range, Teachers Plan Select and Nurses Plan Select plans on 1 March.
A half price kids offer will begin on 4 plans on this date: One Plan Family (€134 per child), Parents and Kids Excess (€138 per child), Teachers Plan Select (€143.72 per child) and Nurses Plan Select (€143.72 per child).
Vhi Healthcare will also reduce the premiums of 7 plans by an average of -2.4%, the effected plans are:
One Plan Starter
One Plan Starter Day to Day
One Plan 500
One Plan 250
One Plan 150
First Plan Level 1
Family Plan Level 1
Vhi Healthcare will change the benefits of PMI 04 11 on 1 March.
1. Cover for certain orthopaedic and ophthalmic procedures will reduce from 100% to 60% cover in a private hospital.
2. The number of days of in-patient psychiatric cover will reduce from 180 days to 100 days.
3. Cover for Cardiac FPPs Level 2 will be removed.
4. A €500 excess will apply to listed cardiac procedures in the Blackrock Clinic and Mater Private private hospitals.
5. The physical therapist benefit will increase to 10 visits.
6. The student rate will be extended to 23 years of age.
The Teachers Plan and Teachers Plan Select plans will include a new post natal home help benefit and a new telephone information line.
These changes will apply to all new and renewing customers from this date.