Laya have given the following notification for 1st July 2019.
1. There will be price adjustments on a number of schemes from 1st July, details are attached in the pricing template.
2. Laya Healthcare will launch 4 new products from 1st July called ‘Signify’, ‘Signify Plus’, ‘Inspire’ and ‘Inspire Plus’. Full scheme details are included in the attached product summaries and prices included in the pricing template.
3. The following 37 schemes will be removed from the market and no longer available to purchase from 1st July 2019.
Advantage 125 Choice
Empower 150 Create
Advantage 175 Choice
Advantage 175 Plus
Flex 175 Choice
Advantage 250 Plus
Flex 175 Plus
Advantage 375 Choice
Flex 375 Plus
Advantage 375 Plus
Health Sense (Excess)
Advantage 500 Choice
Health Sense Complete
Advantage 500 Plus
Health Sense Connect
CompanyCare (Excess) No EAP
Health Smart Family
Control 300 Connect
Precision 150 Total
Control 300 Secure
Precision 300 Total
Control 300 Total
Precision 450 Connect
Control 450 Secure
Precision 450 Create
Control 450 Total
Precision 450 Total
Control 600 Create
Control 600 Secure
Total Health Choice
Empower 150 Connect
4. From the 1st of July Laya Healthcare will introduce a number of new benefits which will be available to existing members on these schemes at their renewal, and available to new members on joining.
a. Gender Reassignment Surgery Unavailable in Ireland will be available on 66 schemes (scheme details in attached ‘Benefit Details’ file).
b. Hormone Replacement Therapy for Gender Dysphoria will be available on 43 schemes ( scheme details in attached ‘Benefit Details’ file).
c. A new ‘Fertility Preservation benefit’, including egg and sperm freezing will be available on 54 schemes (scheme details in attached ‘Benefit Details’ file).
5. The 24/7 Mental Wellbeing Support Programme will no longer be available on 360 Care and 360 Care Select. In its place, a new benefit for ‘Adult Counselling – Counsellors and Therapists’ will be added to these schemes.
6. The following schemes will have a limit of 25 visits per year applied for Physiotherapy from 1st July:
Flex 125 Choice
Flex 500 Choice
Flex 250 Choice
Advantage 250 Choice
Flex 375 Choice
Future Protect Choice
7. CompanyCare Choice will have the Beacon Hospital fully covered up to a semi private room with a €125 excess. The shortfall for a private room in this hospital will reduce from €175 per night to €165 per night.
8. The Maternity Inpatient Hospital Delivery/Homebirth Allowance will be increased from €2,800 to €3,000 on CompanyHealth.
9. Members joining or renewing on SimplyHealth Choice from 1st July 2019 will now have unlimited visits for GP Live.
10. The home nursing benefit on Care Select will be amended to remove the limit of €1,400, the benefit will be subject to the €1,000 cap.
11. The Sports Screening benefit will be removed from the following schemes from 1st July:
CompanyCare Premium (No Excess)
CompanyCare (No Excess)
12. 37 schemes will have the addition or amendment of the Sports Screening Benefit from 1st July 2019 (scheme details in attached ‘Benefit Details’ file).
13. The Adult Counselling Benefit has been renamed to ‘Adult Counselling – Psychologists’, the stipulation of a Psychologist being part of the Clinical Division of the Psychological Society of Ireland has been removed. This is detailed in the attached file ‘Rule Changes and Amendments’ and will be applicable for existing members on these schemes at their renewal, and available to new members on joining.
14. A number of rules have been introduced or amended and are detailed in the attached file ‘Rule Changes and Amendments’. A copy of the rules are attached for your reference and these are applicable to all schemes listed in the attached ‘Benefit Details.’