The www.hia.ie website is maintained by the Health Insurance Authority. The Authority respects the rights of its users and does not collect personal information of any kind without your permission. Any personal information which you volunteer will be treated with the highest standards of security and confidentiality, strictly in accordance with the Data Protection Acts, 1988-2003.
Collection and use of personal information
The www.hia.ie website does not collect any personal data, apart from information that you volunteer; for example, when providing feedback or asking a question. Any information you provide in this way is used only for the purpose you provide it.
Information we routinely collect
- Statistical information (IP address and hostname, web browser version, pages visited etc.).
- The previous website address from which you reached us, including any search terms used
- Other information submitted in forms, for example if you submit your personal details when requesting a publication or asking a question.
What we use the information for:
Any personal information you provide will be used only for the purpose supplied. Your details will be deleted from the system after a set period of time. Any other information collected using cookies, is used only for analysing usage patterns, in order to guide us in improving the site.
The Health Insurance Authority will neither make attempts to identify individual visitors, nor associate the technical details listed above with any individual. It is our policy never to disclose such technical information in respect of individual website visitors to any third party unless obliged to disclose such information by a rule of law. The technical information will be used only for statistical and other administrative purposes.
You should note that technical details, which we cannot associate with any identifiable individual, do not constitute "personal data" for the purposes of the Data Protection Acts, 1988 - 2003.
Disclosure of Your Information
We will not use your personal information or data for a purpose other than the purposes for which you supplied it, and will not disclose it to any other person or organisation unless:
- The information is necessary to facilitate answering of a query or specific request, which you have made;
- We are required by law to do so; or There are reasonable grounds to believe that disclosure is necessary to prevent a threat to life or health; or
- That person or organisation is an agent or contractor providing a service to the HIA, who will be required to maintain the same or similar privacy principles as specified in privacy legislation; or
- You have given us consent to do so.
Further Information or to make a request
If you are concerned about how personal data is processed via this website, please do not hesitate to bring such concerns to our attention at:
Health Insurance Authority,